HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacy Technician II PRN in Las Vegas, Nevada
SUNRISE HOSPITAL AND MEDICAL CENTER
Serving the community for nearly 60 years,Sunrise Hospital and Medical Centerprovides the most comprehensive, quality healthcare in Southern Nevada. As Las Vegas' largest acute care facility, Sunrise provides sophisticated inpatient and outpatient services to the community. Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center has been selected the Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years and had earned the American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award. We are also ranked Nursing Professionals Top 100 Hospitals to work for!
*PHARMACY TECHNICIAN II - PRN *
*TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: *
The duties and responsibilities listed herein are not intended to be all inclusive but rather to indicate the primary emphasis of the job and establish the parameters for the necessary skill, effort, responsibility and working conditions that make up the job.
Perform duties and responsibilities of all lesser included jobs:
- Compound intravenous medications for neonatal, pediatric and adult patients using sterile technique
- Prepare pediatric and adult chemotherapy using negative pressure technique
- Compound parenteral nutrition for neonatal, pediatric and adult patients
- Perform unit based rounds and medication distribution functions to assigned nursing units
- Distribute controlled substances and maintain proper documentation of transactions
- Triage incoming phone calls and assist callers as needed
- Perform extemporaneous compounding of medications including orals and topical preparations
- Work in Operating Room Satellite pharmacy and distribute controlled substances to physicians
- Participate in the training of other pharmacy technicians through on the job training
- Utilize and stock automated dispensing hardware located on nursing units
- Operate robotic unit dose filling system
- Identify and solve problems with pharmacy automation with or wit:hout technical support
- Refill medication trays utilized for transport of patients and Code 99’s
- Perform medication outdate checks
- Perform nursing unit inspections for medication integrity
- Perform other duties as assigned
*EDUCATION: *High school diploma or GED required
Graduation from a pharmacy technician training program preferred. * * KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Comprehensive knowledge of rules, regulations and applicable laws as they pertain to pharmacy technician practice standards.Excellent analytical, mathematical, communication and diplomacy skills required.
EXPERIENCE:Prior pharmacy technician experience or training of one year required. Prior hospital pharmacy technician experience preferred.
LICENSURE:Current Nevada license to practice as a pharmacy technician or eligibility required.
PTCB certification required.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Pharmacy Technician II PRN
Location: Nevada-Las Vegas-Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center
Requisition ID: 01541-15925