Geosyntec Consultants Administrative Office / Reception Support in Las Vegas, Nevada
Looking for a place to start your career? A place where you can support industry recognized professionals who are solving tough environmental problems? Geosyntec is the place for you! We have an opportunity available for administrative office / reception support in our Henderson, Nevada office. This is a fast-paced position that provides general support to the office and staff. This position is responsible for making an excellent "first impression" in greeting clients and visitors. Primary responsibilities include answering phones, processing incoming/outgoing mail, inventory/ordering supplies, scheduling appointments and assisting with administrative tasks. This position requires strong attention to detail.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the Administrative Office / Reception Support position include:
* Performs responsible administrative and secretarial work of a confidential, complex and varied nature assisting a department(s) in a Branch. Work requires exercise of considerable initiative, independent judgement and discretion in planning, prioritizing and organizing a diversified workload.
* Compose material and information and type and design general correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, reports and documents relating to client, project and professional matters. Proofread copy for spelling, grammar and layout making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
* Create logs and databases.
* Interact directly and act as a liaison with other departments, outside agencies, clients and staff, under the direction of manager, professional staff and other senior management.
* Document formatting;
* Photocopy, assemble, and bind technical and non-technical documentation;
* Prepare and distribute Federal Express packages and other courier and freight services;
* Deliver and collect daily mail;
* Assist with ordering, purchasing and the inventory of office supplies, printer, and photocopier supplies;
* Maintain reproduction equipment and supplies, make appropriate service calls, and ensure all branch copiers are supplied daily;
* Perform typing duties to include envelopes, forms, labels, letters and memoranda;
* Assist with off-site storage shipment and retrieval;
* Assist with local errands as needed; and
* Perform other clerical functions, as required.
* Associates (AA) with 2 years or Bachelor's (BA) Degree or equivalent experience (high school or GED with 4 years of experience) supplemented by course work including business office procedures, typing, secretarial and related subjects or any related combination of education and experience.
* Advanced proficiency in the use of office equipment and the most recent release of MS Office and database software. Knowledge of operations, accounting procedures and administrative policies and procedures.
* Must be organized and able to multi-task. (required)
* Availability to work overtime on short notice as required by project demands. (required)
* Valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record. (required)
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for excellence and quality.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding assignments, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: ADMIN01562
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information..
Employer's Job# ADMIN01562
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.