NV Employer Security Officer in Las Vegas, Nevada
Varied hours including weekends and holidays.
Employer conducts drug and background checks.
- HS Diploma/GED/HSE required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Min. age requirement is 21.
- Min. 1 yr. of military, law enforcement, or hotel/gaming security experience.
- Min. 1 yr. of customer service experience.
- Computer literate: Windows, MS Office (Word, Outlook & Internet Explorer).
- Must have a current NV Driver's License.
- Must have/obtain current:
* NV Gaming Registration
* Alcohol Awareness Card
* American Red Cross or Equivalent Adult CPR Certification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, administrative, multi-tasking, organization and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), fluent English & articulate.
- Able to work efficiently, independently and cohesively, consistently producing quality results.
- Able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with management and employees.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Able to understand questions and instructions from management.
- Able to read, analyze and interpret documents in English.
- Able to properly respond to common inquiries from employees or guests.
- Able to apply common sense reasoning to variety of situations.
- Able to properly react rationally to high stress situations while maintaining a calm demeanor.
- Working knowledge and understanding of company and department rules, policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of state and local laws and how to apply them.
- Must successfully complete company and gaming background screening process.
- Able to properly use security equipment (2-way radio, handcuffs, etc.)
- Able to successfully complete and legally possess the following training certifications: OC Spray, Electronic Control Device (Taser).
- Must successfully complete the following training certifications for the resort: Basic Security Academy, Handcuffing, Defensive Tactics, and In-Service review training.
It is the responsibility of the Security Officer to perform basic and advanced security functions and Guest Services for the hotel/casino property.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
(Nothing in this section is meant to suggest that this is a complete list of duties).
- Provide unequaled service to our guests & employees.
- Perform Casino related responsibilities such as fills, credits, drops, voids.
- Perform area based security patrols in assigned areas throughout the property.
- Conduct identification checks to ensure only patrons of age 21 and older are permitted in age restricted areas.
- Enforce the Golden Nugget's Code of Conduct and rules and regulations.
- Perform citizen's arrests or legal detainments when it is legal to do so.
- Complete security reports such as voluntary statements, employee accident reports, and computerized case reports.
- Conduct investigations into violations of State and Local laws, the Golden Nugget Code of Conduct and any other situations requiring inquiry or investigation.
- Perform other security or non-security duties as required.
- Handle Lost and Found Property.
- Perform exterior perimeter checks to include all company owner property on foot or a bicycle.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS: (See additional details online).