NV Employer Room Reservations Agent - PT in Las Vegas, Nevada
ROOM RESERVATIONS AGENT (PT)
Part-time - varied hours.
Downtown Hotel and Casino Employer conducts pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
- HS Diploma, GED or HSE required. Bachelor's or related degree preferred.
- Min. age requirement is 21.
- Min. 5 years of Room Reservations experience required.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, administrative, multi-tasking, organization and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), fluent English and articulate
- Ability to work efficiently, independently and cohesively, consistently producing quality results.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Windows applications required; Spa Soft experience preferred.
- Must have or be able to obtain Work Cards if required.
- Basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Ability to read and understand all policies and procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests, employees, and members of management in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to complete standard forms and reports.
Supervise and oversee the Room Reservations Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answering telephones, book guest reservations into hotel.
- Process rooming lists, casino, wholesale, city ledger and bookings.
- Operate office machines, which include fax machine, Xerox and personal computer/telex.
- Process refunds.
- Typing of brochures, guest comment reply letters and commercial rate letters.
- Clean out files and filing.
- Answer and process Room Reservations mail.
- Perform duties and responsibilities as requested.
- Ability to meet or exceed department customer service standards.
- Demonstrate good sales techniques when dealing with possible sales situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, duties and responsibilities.
- Constantly hearing, listening, speaking - must wear headset, holding head up for long periods.
- Constantly sitting for long periods of time, wrist motion, manual dexterity, fingering, handling.
- Frequently seeing, moving eyes, arms, hands and fingers freely, eye/hand coordination, attention to/observing details, making decisions and following directions.
- Occasionally walking 10-30 ft.
- Frequently reading, writing and working rapidly; concentrating amid distractions.
- Occasional standing, wrist motion, twisting, bending, lifting up to 25 lbs., carrying, pushing, pulling, kneeling and handling.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other office equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Inside climate controlled environment.
- Carpeted and tile surfaces.
- Some noise.
- Working with others and sometimes alone.
- Confined work area.