MV Transportation Road Supervisor in Las Vegas, Nevada
MV Transportation is seeking a Road Supervisorto identify and report to Operations Manager challenges, discrepancies, violations of policy and other concerns related to service delivery and safety. He/she will also counsel operators when policy is not being followed and to assist in exploring new ideas and ways to improve in-service challenges. Reports on all activities and observances daily.
- Provides quality assurance observations identifying concerns with vehicles and operators not meeting standards.
- Assist operators in solving challenges while on duty.
- Works with dispatchers to solve service related challenges.
- Makes service improvement recommendations to management.
- On a daily basis spot checks operators and vehicles for policy compliance reporting ALL violations and discrepancies.
- Performs system time-checks and safety checks as directed.
- Assist passengers by answering questions and offering solutions to problems.
- Submits a detailed Daily Road Supervisor Report to the Lead Supervisor.
- Ensures vehicles with out-of-service type failures are not put in service and if already in service are immediately replaced.
- Monitors operators for credentials, uniform and name plate.
- Performs vehicles exchanges and operator duties when required.
- Ensures that the road supervisor vehicle assigned meets all standards for condition and cleanliness.
- Is responsible for the care and working condition of assigned computer.
- Conducts a pre-trip inspection on assigned road supervisor vehicle before leaving the facility.
- Maintains his/her uniform in a condition above standard at all times thus setting an example for all employees.
- May be called on to drive routes, if operational needs dictate.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Operations, Operation Manager or Lead Supervisor.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as an operator in a public transit fixed route system.
- Ability to learn all routes operating from the IBMF.
- Ability to gain familiarization with all vehicles operating in the service.
- Ability to understand client policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn MV Transportation Employee Handbook and other policies.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Must have a minimum of a Class B CDL w/passenger endorsement.
- Ability to pass and maintain a DOT Medical certification.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
CATEGORY: Customer Service, Training, Transportation
LOCATION: US-NV-Las Vegas
POSTING ID: TNROADS81833_81833
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Full-Time
EXPERIENCE: Not Specified