Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Rehab and Pools 2017 - Cashier in Las Vegas, Nevada
The retail cashier will be the first contact that the guest has with the beach club. It is very important that each and every guest is presented with a favorable experience from the moment that they enter the beach club area. Always be polite and friendly in every situation. This position is responsible for greeting guests, ringing and selling merchandise, handling cash, credit card, and room charge transactions, and answering guest questions.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
Greet guests and offers assistance and/or instruction in the use of the Beach Club Facilities.
Oversee swimmers and issues towels and equipment to guests.
Handle retail sales.
Maintain Beach Club facilities in clean and attractive condition.
Maintain par stock levels for Beach Club supplies.
Report any safety hazards to supervisor.
Must be able to:
• Communicate effectively at all times, with customers as well as all levels of employees.
• Inspect and maintain areas for which responsible. Must be able to distinguish between different denominations of currency and make change.
• Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
• Use the equipment associated with the position, including but not limited to pool equipment and cash register.
• Effectively and efficiently move around work area.
• Balance, bend, carry, climb stairs and ladders, crawl, reach, squat and twist. These actions are required in order to assist guests in the proper use of equipment and to perform other job duties.
• Lift up to 60 pounds and push and pull up to 100 pounds of towels, equipment and supplies.
• Work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of cold, heat, wet/humid conditions, crowds and noise. Incumbents are at times subject to hazards such as slippery conditions. Proper safety precautions are taken. This position occasionally works outside and is subject to all weather conditions. Proper clothing is provided.
Superior customer service skills required. These skills and abilities are typically acquired through previous experience in retail sales involving high profile customer contact, or through two months of on-the-job training.
Job Location US-NV-Las Vegas
Job ID # 2016-2469