NV Employer Patient Coordinator in Las Vegas, Nevada
Must be able to work evening hours and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages and a professional work environment.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Customer Service: 1 year experience
Dental: 1 year experience
Dental Billing and collections: 1 year experience
Dental Treatment Coordinator: 1 year experience
Dental Insurance Administrator: 1 year experience
Dental terminology and advanced dental knowledge
Experienced, enthusiastic, and confident with presenting treatment plans to patients.
Knowledge with dental insurance plans and ease explaining to patients.
Excellent communication skills in person and on the phone.
Top-notch customer service.
Under the supervision of the Practice Manager, the Patient Coordinator is the link between necessary treatment and the method of payment. In this position, the dental provider prescribed treatment needs are presented to the patient and financial arrangements are made. They are responsible for all aspects of the financial arrangements including the calculation of treatment amounts, confirmation and estimates of insurance benefits, and the follow-up of incomplete treatment plans to ensure patients are receiving appropriate care.
- Reviews patient charts described by the doctor and explains the treatment plan to patient.
- Works with the patient's needs to offer various financial planning options, such as: Care Credit, In-House and any other financial options available.
- Describes to the patient the financial breakdown of the treatment plan.
- Verifies insurance options and limitations to determine the best possible financial options for patient.
- Inputs patient information along with notes into the dental system currently in use.
- May handle financial dental treatment agreements with patients.
- May chart the treatment for the doctor.
- Understands all insurance referral guidelines and adheres to them as necessary.
- Assists Practice Manager in answering phones, scheduling appointments and collecting fees.
- May assist the Practice Manager with special projects or other responsibilities.
- Assists with other tasks as needed.