HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Technologist - PRN in Las Vegas, Nevada
SUNRISE HOSPITAL AND MEDICAL CENTER
Serving the community for nearly 60 years,Sunrise Hospital and Medical Centerprovides the most comprehensive, quality healthcare in Southern Nevada. As Las Vegas' largest acute care facility, Sunrise provides sophisticated inpatient and outpatient services to the community. Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center has been selected the Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years and had earned the American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award. We are also ranked Nursing Professionals Top 100 Hospitals to work for!
TheMedical Technologistis responsible for the performance of automated, semi-automated and/or manual procedures in the analysis of specimens and demonstrates knowledge of techniques and competence in the fields of bacteriology, parasitology, mycology, hematology, serology, chemistry, immunology, immunohematology and flow cytometry as required for the position.
- Accurately perform waived, moderate and/or high complexity laboratory tests specific to the area of assignment.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patients served in the department.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to age specific needs.
- Perform quality control and preventive maintenance and assess results for acceptability.
- Assure specimen integrity throughout the testing process.
- Communicate clinical information to the appropriate individuals in professional manner.
- Ensure laboratory instrumentation is functioning appropriately and notify appropriate individuals when repairs are needed.
- Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
1.Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology from an accredited college or university and successful score on a national examination for certification approved by the State Board; OR 2Completion of three years of academic study, with a minimum of 90 semester hours at an accredited college or university in a curriculum involving biological or physical science and at least 12 months training at a school of medical technology approved by a national accrediting agency and pass a national examination for certification; OR 3.A bachelor's degree in one of the chemical, physical or biological sciences at an accredited college or university, and at least one year of additional full-time experience or training in the specialty or subspecialty in which he/she performs test(s) and pass a national examination for certification approved by the State board; *OR * 4.Pass an exam for Clinical Laboratory Technologists given by the Department of Health and Human Services.
LICENSURE: State of Nevada certification or eligible.
*EXPERIENCE: *Experience in a large clinical laboratory and children's hospital setting preferred; will consider new graduate of an accredited program of Medical Technology.
Title: Medical Technologist - PRN
Location: Nevada-Las Vegas-Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center
Requisition ID: 01541-14944