NV Employer Line Cook (Part-time) in Las Vegas, Nevada
Employer conducts drug and background screenings.
- Minimum age requirement is 21.
- HS Diploma, GED or HSE preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience cooking in a high volume restaurant, preferably in a Hotel/Casino environment.
- Must be proficient in all food stations. Recommend knowledge of gourmet cooking techniques and must be capable of operating all kitchen equipment and must have thorough knife skills.
- Must have a clean and well-groomed appearance, and to be respectful of everyone.
- Must possess a good memory and capable of recalling recipes and plate presentations.
- Must read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Excellent, multi-tasking, organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work efficiently, independently and cohesively, consistently producing quality results
- Must have or be able to obtain a Food Handler Safety Training Card.
- Must be able to work varied days and hours as scheduled based on need.
- Must possess basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide) specific to position duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to read and understand all policies and procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests, employees, and members of management in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to complete standard forms and reports.
SUMMARY: It is the responsibility of the Grotto Cook to prepare all food items according to Grotto menu, Recipes and Plate Specifications, and guest requests. Assure food preparation and service is of the highest quality and according to specified prep times. To assist Executive Chef or Assistant Chef in all phases of kitchen production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must work as a team; helping fellow employees and managers to ensure the finest possible service is given to our guests.
- To be courteous and respectful of everyone.
- Must have a sense of urgency.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Be positive and professional at all times.
- Adhere to policies and procedures to maintain our uncompromising food philosophy.
- Adhere to Health Regulations, ensuring that your work area is clean, organized, and sanitized throughout the shift.
- Maintain uniform appearance according to established guidelines.
- Work your shift with an advanced level of speed, organization, and accuracy.
- Use proper food handling techniques when preparing food.
- Know Grotto menu, Recipes and Plate Specifications.
- Assure that food is presented according to the guest's specifications, Grotto menu, Recipes and Plate Specifications.
- Assist with maintaining a clean, organized, and safe working environment.
- Use proper stock rotation and storage areas.
- Proper Safety and Sanitation Guidelines.
- Maintain PAR levels of items used in your station.
- Notify Chef or Manager of any needed supplies.
- Notify Chef or Manager of any issues/problems that arise, immediately.
- Know all locations of all resorts' outlets and services that are available to the guests.
- Complete special projects as requested by Food & Beverage Management, Chef, Managers or Grotto Support.
- Complete assigned side-work/set-up and breakdown of station.
- Turn over/take over station/shift according to established procedures (Close to Open).
- Operate kitchen equipment in the restaurant.
- Train and re-train employees.
- Attend pre-shift meetings.
- Responsible for controlling the normal operation of each station.
- Determine and produce according to PAR levels.
- Capable of working their station thoroughly and efficiently.
- Capable of preparing and cooking all menu items according to the Recipes and Plate Specifications.
- Assist other stations as needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT: (See full job description online for more details).