NV Employer Housekeeping Floor Supervisor in Las Vegas, Nevada
HOUSEKEEPING FLOOR SUPERVISOR
Employer conducts drug and background checks.
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- Minimum age requirement is 18
- HS Diploma/GED/HSE required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a housekeeper and 2 years supervisory experience (at 4 star property preferred).
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English; both in oral and written form.
- Must possess interpersonal skills with focused attention to guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to appearance standards.
- Maintain consistent adherence to Guest Service Standards.
- Must be available to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Must possess basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide) specific to position responsibilities.
- Ability to read and understand all policies and procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests, employees, and members of management in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to complete standard forms and reports.
Directly supervise and coordinate work activities of the Team Members on the floor and respective workstations on any given day. Assigns workload, inspects suites & rooming area. Supervises, trains, & inspects the performance of assigned Housekeepers, Evening Shift Housekeepers and Floor Attendants, ensuring that all procedures are completed to the hotel's standards. Assist where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests. Assist in the inspections and evaluation of Guest Room Attendants and Support Classification's job performance. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental policies, practices, and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supervises and manage up to 400 credits a day.
2. Supervises all assigned hourly team members daily.
3. Update all facilities issues in SharePlus App via iPhone.
4. Conducts 25 six (6) point inspections daily.
5. Issues discipline to the team members.
6. Successfully manages a highly effective and motivated team.
7. Develops staff skills to enhance department effectiveness and manage resources to eliminate excess cost or unnecessary expenditures.
8. Monitors team performance in all phases of service and job functions; rectify deficiencies.
9. Manage staff and organize department functions in accordance with company guidelines.
10. Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job
11. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
12. Monitor & maintain cleanliness, sanitation & organization of assigned work areas.
13. Maintain complete knowledge at all times of OSHA standards and Regulations, including all safety Standards and Evacuation procedures.
14. Prepare & distribute assignment sheets to assigned staff & review priorities.
15. Communicate additions or changes to the assignment sheets as they arise throughout the shift.
16. Inspect supply levels of all floor closets; update room status; conduct training of staff.
See employer website for more information.