Stanley Black and Decker Fire Inspector/Tester Tech in Las Vegas, Nevada
SI0700: Service Technician
Fire Alarm Inspector
- Conducts routine inspections, installation, and service of fire alarm systems in accordance with NFPA 72 and Local Fire Codes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Generates sales by seeking new business and by obtaining additional services and contracts from existing customers.
- Plans layout, installs, and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment by performing the following duties.
- Performs routine inspection and testing activities on various fire alarm systems in accordance with NFPA standards.
- Evaluates and generates a report of inspection including any deficiencies that may require rectification.
- Responsible for meeting customers’ expectations through the quality of work performed and the customer rapport.
- Properly complete all reports such as mileage and monthly vehicle reports. Maintains company vehicle: Clean, organized and stocked with needed equipment and materials.
- Maintains a professional appearance. Dresses appropriately and wears clean clothing at the start of each work day. Practices good hygiene and is well groomed.
- Promotes excellent customer relations with clients and co-workers. Professionally represents the organization by adhering to company standards and conducts themselves ethically and with integrity.
- Enhances professional development by continuously building industry knowledge and improving technical and interpersonal skills.
- Practices safe and responsible driving and maintains a suitable driving record and driver license.
- Schedules and plans of inspections daily. Organizes reports and dispatch tickets to best utilize time.
- Collects payments on “COD” accounts.
- Completes Work Orders/Dispatches properly, following special instructions and/or specific notes.
- Responsive to calls from the office and during scheduled on call hours.
- Supports, promotes, and adheres to the organization’s mission and ethic’s statement, policies and procedures. Supports and promotes the organization’s safety program. Adheres to safety policies and maintains a clean and safe environment.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned or requested.
- Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
- Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or follows diagrams or blueprints, ensuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and flooring.
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles, and installs electrical conduit and wiring.
- Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels.
- Connects power cables to equipment, such as electric range or motor, and installs grounding leads.
- Tests continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components with testing instruments such as ohmmeter, battery and buzzer, and oscilloscope.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Repairs faulty equipment or systems.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- At least one-year certificate in low voltage systems from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must obtain and maintain required F-Card license as mandated by the State Fire Marshal's office.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, for example alarm horns. SBDCSS
Requisition Number: 48993BR
Title: Fire Inspector/Tester Tech
Business: US - SSS - CSS
State / Country / Province: Nevada
City: Las Vegas
No. of Positions: 1
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.