Kindred Health Certified Nursing Assistant - Kindred Flamingo SAU - Days in Las Vegas, Nevada
Certified Nursing Assistant - Kindred Flamingo SAU - Days (322784-2142 )
Kindred Nursing and Rehabilitation Centers, a division of Kindred Healthcare, which provides intense clinical and rehabilitative services in a recovery-focused setting, has a career opportunity for you.
Your career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients and residents. Opportunities through our development programs, training seminars and university partnerships, not only allow for continual career growth but emphasize our commitment to investing in our employees and developing future healthcare leaders.
The goal of our nursing team is to engage our patients and their families and work toward better outcomes by reducing lengths of stay and unnecessary rehospitalizations. Each employee's dedication is essential to meet and exceed the needs of each patient, resident and family we serve.
Ranked as one of Fortune magazine's "Most Admired Healthcare Company" for 8 years, Kindred welcomes you to join our team and build a career that touches lives.
As a Certified Nursing Assistant / CNA you will:
Under supervision, provide basic nursing assistance and assists residents with daily living activities.
Answers signal lights and bells to determine resident needs.
Assists residents with grooming, oral hygiene, bathing, hair, and incontinence care.
Obtains food trays and assists residents with feeding.
Assists residents with range of motion exercises, and movement to wheelchair or activity areas.
Assists resident with turning and positioning in bed.
Assists resident with ambulation for short distance in facility.
Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates, and food and fluid intake and output, as directed.
Performs other tasks as assigned.
Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company's Code of Business Conduct, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
Documentation on flow sheets as directed.
Attends interdisciplinary meetings as needed to provide input into selected resident's plans of care.
Documents restorative services provided following facility policies and procedures.
Reports to Charge Nurse or designee on progress/lack of progress in achieving restorative goals.
As a Certified Nursing Assistant / CNA you will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid certification as a CNA in the state of employment.
- Six months experience in a long term care environment preferred.
- Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and facility staff.
- Work efforts reflect a passion for exceeding customer expectations.
- Solicits patient/resident feedback to understand their needs and the needs of the community. Advocates for Service Excellence within the Center and influences others to take action.
- Displays responsibility by taking ownership of quality care. Shows dedication to enriching the lives of our patients and residents through empathy and compassion.
- Exhibits a commitment to results by looking for and recommending/implementing process improvements.
- Demonstrates commitment to interpersonal excellence through professional greetings, proper telephone etiquette, common courtesy, a professional attitude and appearance.
- Enriches the Center culture by having fun.
- Recognizes the benefits of team collaboration. Shows respect for fellow employees by working together to get the job done.
- Effectively addresses customer concerns and resolves conflict in a manner that is fair to all.
This description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work for this position. It is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities that may be periodically assigned.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Drug Free Workplace