Hospital Corporation of America Central Sterile Technician - PRN in Las Vegas, Nevada
Job Code: 01541-14654
Serving the community for nearly 60 years, SUNRISE HOSPITAL AND MEDICAL CENTER provides the most comprehensive, quality healthcare in Southern Nevada. As Las Vegas' largest acute care facility, Sunrise provides sophisticated inpatient and outpatient services to the community. Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center has been selected the Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years and had earned the American Stroke Association s Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award. We are also ranked Nursing Professionals Top 100 Hospitals to work for!
111-Central Sterile Technician-PRN
The Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for the preparation of sterile supplies, instruments and equipment. Job tasks and responsibilities include:
* Prepares instruments and supplies through cleaning, packing, sterilizing and storing procedures.
* Understands principles of sterilization techniques and operates sterilization equipment.
* Assembles and sets up instruments trays for operating rooms.
* Assists in departmental cost containment efforts.
* Performs equipment distribution and routing cleaning and maintenance.
* Performs crash cart restocking/exchange.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
Job qualifications include:
* High school diploma or GED required
* At least one year of sterilization and instrumentation experience preferred
* Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills required
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching and lifting of 25 lbs.
High School Diploma/GED
Last Edited: 09/05/2017
Employer's Job# 01541-14654
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.